Magped SPORT2 150N pedals
Magped SPORT2 are innovative magnetic pedals for mountain bikes. The patented mechanism allows for easy release whenever needed. Compared to mechanical pedals, the risk of falling is reduced to a minimum and you can ride in peace and without fear.
- They allow a circular motion involving both extensor and flexor muscles for maximum performance.
- Despite the use of a magnetic system, Magped pedals are comparable in weight to other top pedals.
- The pedal allows the foot to rotate to the side, reducing stress on the ankles.
- The pulling force depends on the choice of magnet, but is around 18 kg in the case of a 150N magnet. You can easily release the shoe from the pedal by swinging your foot out. In a critical situation, the force of the magnet can also be overcome by vertical force.
- Metal sole plates are compatible with SPD shoes*. The reduction in efficiency due to dirt is not significant and the big advantage is completely undisturbed walking experience. The plate of the Magped system usually does not protrude outwards from the sole.
- The pedal contains three closed industrial bearings and the pins can be replaced if necessary. High-performance neodymium magnets can be adjusted via an integrated damping unit.
- A part of the package:
- A pair of Magped SPORT2 pedals
- Metalic plates for SPD shoes
- Magnetic screws in 2 lengths
- Allen keys
- Weight: 440 g / pair
- Recommendations for magnet strength:
- 100N for bikers up to 65 kg
- 150N for bikers 65-90 kg
- 200N for bikers over 75 kg and enduro riding
* We recommend flat-soled, two-hole SPD bike shoes.